I just discovered this magical thing that is the Love-A-Thon and I couldn’t resist signing up.
The Love-A-Thon is hosted by four wonderful book loving, blog writing divas and you can check out their blogs at Alexa Loves Books, The Daily Prophecy, The Novel Hermit, and Stay Bookish.
I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed with it all, but here’s my questionnaire to kick things off and then I’m off to visit as many book loving blogs as possible 🙂
- What’s your name?
- Where in the world are you blogging from?
- The great state of Missouri 🙂
- How did you get into blogging in the first place?
- I wanted an outlet that would get me writing about anything and everything on a regular basis. I don’t really write about everything though, mostly just books and writing advice.
- How did you come up with your blog name?
- I worked for the circus and we had three shows every single Saturday. It’s a nod to the circus, to hard work, to things that make you laugh and things that make you cry. A three show Saturday is an exhausting, but fulfilling day. I hope my blog doesn’t exhaust people though 😉
- What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
- Children’s literature of all kinds. Though I have a soft spot for quirky, adventurous characters, fantasy and books that make me laugh.
- What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
- I post writing tips and advice (that I hope is helpful) and writing exercises/prompts.
- Best blogging experience so far?
- I just started my blog, so pretty much every comment I’ve ever received was like a tiny Christmas gift. I really get excited over the smallest things since my blog is still shiny and new.
- Favorite thing about the blogging community?
- Everyone is super supportive of each other and there is so much great content available!
- Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016!
- The Forbidden Wish
- The Girl From Everywhere
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
- And I Darken
- The Book of Dust
- Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years!
- The rest of the “Ender’s Game” books
- Dances with Dragons
- The Night Circus
- Don Quixote
- What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
- The Abhorsen Trilogy…though now it’s technically a quartet with the addition of Clariel but the original three books are really spectacular. And anything by Terry Pratchett but especially all the books of his DiscWorld series.
- Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad (5 characters max)
- Sabriel, Éowyn, Arya, Daenerys, and Aragorn.
- Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
- Writing, Sewing, and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?
- Hips Don’t Lie
- Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.
- Sabriel…I’m a bit obsessed with these books if you can’t tell.
- What would your dream library look like?
- Exactly like the one in Beauty and the Beast.
- Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with?
- Garth Nix
5 thoughts on “Loving the Love-A-Thon”
Hi Kizzi! Can we start with me saying – YOU WORKED FOR THE CIRCUS? That’s so amazing! I have always found circuses fascinating. (I also want to read The Night Circus, by the way.) And I love the Abhorsen series, though I’ve only read the first three! They’re amazing though. Glad you could join us, and happy love-a-thon!
Yay! Finally another Abhorsen fan! ☺️ Your blog event is a lot of fun, hopefully next year I’ll be better prepared and ready to participate. Thanks for hosting and all the work you put into it!
Hi Kizzi, I think you’re the first children’s book blogger I’ve found. I’m stoked to check out more of your blog! Also, Aragorn – GREAT choice for your team. 🙂
Thanks so much for stopping by and for following! It was a struggle not to make my entire team LOTR characters 😉
LikeLiked by 1 person
What a joy to find such clear thgkinni. Thanks for posting!